Studentship: Evaluating and improving marketing effectiveness
University of Exeter Business School Studentship: Evaluating and improving marketing effectiveness
About the award
Applications are invited for a fully funded 3 year PhD studentship, with an anticipated start date between July and October 2017. This is a collaborative project between the University of Exeter (UK) and JML.
The full time studentship is open to applicants of any nationality. The studentship will cover UK/EU fees and an annual stipend of approximately £14,553 (2017/18 rate) for up to three years.
Supervisor: Professor Philip Stern, Professor of Marketing
JML is a private company which markets innovative household products through retail outlets, TV shopping channels, and via the internet. If you would like to find out more about them please visit http://www.jmldirect.com/help/jml-corporate/ or http://www.jmldirect.com/images/Content/jml_corprate_brochure_2016.pdf.
The company is keen to understand how it can improve key areas of its marketing activities and to this end wishes to support research at Exeter Business School by funding a PhD studentship which will explore the following three areas:
1. Analysis and optimisation of advertising spend
2. Investigating the value of the Brand
3. Measuring and evaluating new product trial
The three areas of investigation will require the application of empirical analysis and modelling and so applicants should be comfortable working with data and developing relevant skills.
Academic entry requirements:
Applicants should hold (or be about to complete) a degree and preferably a masters level qualification in a subject which has exposed them to quantitative data analysis and modelling, such as Economics, Econometrics or Statistics. Other courses which provide a solid methodological platform (e.g. Human Geography, Applied Social Research or Quantitative Methods) would also qualify, but competence and the willingness to learn are more important than the specific qualification. The project would be particularly attractive to someone who is keen to pursue an academic career in a University Business School.
For candidates who are classed as Home/EU fee status, funding will cover standard tuition fees as well as a maintenance grant. Candidates from outside these areas (i.e. ‘international’ fee status) may be required to fund a proportion of the tuition fee, but will receive the full maintenance grant. You are advised to check your fee status before applying by following this link: http://www.exeter.ac.uk/postgraduate/money/fees/.
The studentship will be based in Exeter, UK, and the successful candidate will spend periods of time at JML researching current practice, developing the research relationship and presenting progress reports to the senior management team for which budget for travel and accommodation will be provided.
Please note: Interviews for short listed applicants will take place at the JML offices in London on 13th June 2017.
Application deadline: 11.59pm on Monday 5th June 2017
Value: Annual maintenance of £14,553 at 2017/18 rate, plus home/EU tuition fees for three years
Duration of award: Up to 3 years
Contact: Postgraduate Research Team, University of Exeter Business school firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Please upload the following documents to the studentship application form:
- A CV
- A covering letter outlining your academic interests, any prior, relevant research experience and your reasons for wishing to undertake this project
- A research training statement, outlining relevant research training already undertaken in qualitative and quantitative methods and data analysis
- 2 references from people familiar with your academic work (if your referees prefer, they can email the reference direct to mailto: email@example.com),
- Verified transcript of your highest qualification to date or an interim transcript if you are still studying
- If you are not a national of a majority English-speaking country you will need to submit evidence of your proficiency in English (for further details, please see the University’s English language requirements).
Apply for Studentship: Evaluating and improving marketing effectiveness
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly