Alumni and Community Engagement Officer
- Join Australia's number 1 University † and contribute to Australia's boldest alumni engagement target.
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
Salary: $85,189 - $92,216 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The Advancement Office aims to facilitate the establishment and maintenance of mutually beneficial relationships between the University and its alumni, friends and benefactors. It is responsible for the management of programs relating to alumni and benefactors, and provides services to and works collaboratively with faculties and other central administration areas.
University of Melbourne Advancement (UoMA) is responsible for the coordination and delivery of Believe: the Campaign for the University of Melbourne, www.campaign.unimelb.edu.au
The completion of the first phase goal of raising $500M for the Believe Campaign was publicly announced in March 2016 along with the intention to proceed with a second phase of the Campaign with revised goals of raising $1B and actively engaging with 100,000 alumni by the end of 2021. The Campaign is the largest initiative of its kind in the Asia-Pacific region.
The Alumni and Community Officer is a member of the Faculty of Business and Economics Advancement Team, which sits within UoMA.
About the role
Reporting to the Faculty's Alumni Relations Manager, the Alumni and Community Engagement Officer is responsible for engaging with the Faculty of Business and Economics alumni community through the planning, development and delivery of targeted communications and programs that drive both the University's Advancement targets and the Faculty's strategic priorities.
In this role you will manage the Faculty's alumni communications, awards, reunions and public-facing programs. A key responsibility of the position is to raise awareness of the Faculty's news, alumni program and its community through the production and delivery of content via available University-wide and Faculty-specific print and digital channels.
To ensure the success of the communications and engagement program, ongoing data-driven research, accurate maintenance of database records, and reporting and evaluation is an integral part of this role.
The Alumni and Community Engagement Officer works in close liaison with staff throughout the University of Melbourne Advancement Office (UoMA), Faculty's Marketing and Communications Unit, Faculty's Departments and the Dean's Office. Working with alumni volunteers across the world, including the Faculty's Alumni Council and Board is a critical element of the position.
This exciting full-time position is available on a continuing basis.
- A tertiary qualification with subsequent relevant experience in communications and event management, combined with a sound understanding of the basic advancement and alumni relations principles, and appreciation of the role that community engagement plays within advancement
- High level interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships, work with volunteers, handle sensitive information with sound judgement, and effectively communicate and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrated experience in delivering creative digital communications, with specific expertise in maintaining webpages, producing digital newsletters and using social media as audience engagement tools
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Please submit a cover letter, CV and document addressing the key selection criteria listed in the position description.
Close date: 3 May 2017
Position Description and Selection Criteria*
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria