Clinical Trial Coordinator
Macquarie is the University of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing the Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
In Macquarie's newly established Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences you'll join leading researchers, passionate educators and internationally respected clinicians, united in a mission towards delivering the best patient care. Home to the Australian Institute of Health Innovation and Australia's first fully integrated academic health sciences centre, we are a place of bold discoveries and distinctive educational programs that embolden the future leaders of healthcare.
We are looking for an experienced Clinical Trials Coordinator to coordinate Clinical Trials on behalf of the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences. Key accountabilities of the role are to:
- Coordinate, implement and monitor how assigned clinical trials are conducted in accordance with Good Clinical Practice (GCP) protocols
- Liaise with and facilitate collaboration between relevant parties of Macquarie University, Macquarie University Hospital and external organisations to ensure quality and service standards of clinical trials
- Manage the collection, handling and reporting of patient and trial data
- Assist the Principal Investigator with reporting on clinical trials and ethics submissions
- Complying with internal and external stake holder requirements.
For further information regarding this role, please view the position description below.
Selection criteria: To be considered for this position applicants must submit a cover letter (maximum two pages) addressing the selection criteria and upload this with your CV as part of the application process.
- Qualifications as a Registered Nurse with the NSW Registration board or Degree qualified in medicine, science, allied health, data management or equivalent;
- Extensive clinical trial experience as a Coordinator. In demonstrating this criteria please specify the nature of the clinical trials (i.e. oncology), the level of patient interaction and experience with performing key trial observations (vitals etc.);
- Ability to proactively interact, collaborate and network with internal and external stakeholders at all organisational levels.
- Knowledge and/ or experience with 12 lead ECG's, central lab processing, venepuncture, cannulation, electronic and paper medical records.
- Experience coordinating Phase 1-2 studies.
- Emailed applications will not be accepted - please apply for this opportunity online
- Applications will only be accepted from candidates who currently possess the right to work in Australia
Salary Package: from $87,699 to $95,084 p.a. (HEW Level 7), plus 9.5% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
Appointment Type: Full time, 12 month fixed term position.
Enquiries: Daniella Oreskovic, on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: 11:55pm on Sunday 14th May 2017
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.