- 2 x ongoing appointment – full time
- Salary range: Level 7 $84,629 - $94,137 p.a.
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to 'innovate and inspire' there is no better time to join Western Australia's top University.
Finance supports the mission of the University by providing high quality, end-to end, flexible and responsive financial management and advisory services including provision of corporate financial services. The University's professional service delivery model was created to deliver effective and efficient end to end services across the whole University. The model includes all core services of the University and creates functionally aligned services delivered through Service Delivery Centres.
About the opportunity
The Management Accountants will assist the Senior Management Accountant and the Manager Financial Services with the key elements of the University's financial management and advisory services. One of these roles will predominately provide advice, and support in the management and reporting for research and other contractual funds within the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences. The second role will assist with budgeting, reporting and other accounting functions to support the Central Administration of the University.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- A degree or other tertiary qualification in accounting or a related discipline.
- Full professional member of a recognized Australian or International equivalent accounting body.
- Well-developed analytical skills with a proven record of planning, preparing and implementing financial process documentation related to financial management procedures.
- Substantial experience in financial and management accounting.
- Substantial experience in working with financial management information systems.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to consult, negotiate and liaise collaboratively and cooperatively with diverse groups of people.
- Experience in providing high level specialist financial consultancy advice.
- Commitment to providing a high level of quality customer service.
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description
We are seeking two Management Accountants to work within the University's professional service delivery centres to support the achievement of the University's objectives through the delivery of high quality, end-to-end, flexible and responsive financial services. Within the research intensive University environment one of these roles will use their highly developed analytical skills to navigate complex funding agreements, working closely with researchers in the management and reporting of contractually restricted funds. The second Management Accountant will utilise their strong interpersonal skills, in providing budgeting, reporting and financial management advice to a range of stakeholders including members of the University's executive.
Closing date: Tuesday 2 May 2017
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
A National Police Clearance is required, prior to commencement
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion of the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.