- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Black Dog Institute is a cutting edge, collaborative, translational research institute and a world-leader in the prevention and treatment of mental illness. The Black Dog Institute is dedicated to improving the lives of people affected by mental health difficulties through high quality translational research, clinical expertise and national education programs. CRESP is a research and translation centre and brings together, for the first time, leading Australian and international experts in suicide prevention to share expertise and resources, undertake the necessary research to promote rapid advances in suicide prevention and lower suicide rates in Australia. For more information, you can visit the websites at: www.blackdog.org.au and https://www.blackdoginstitute.org.au/research/cresp.
About the role
- A$89 – A$96K plus 9.5% superannuation and leave loading
- Fixed Term until 31 December 2017
- Part-time (21 hours per week)
The Centre of Research Excellence in Suicide Prevention (CRESP) is seeking an experienced Program Coordinator to take carriage of CRESP and to work closely with a highly skilled team in delivering outcomes. The role will require you to work independently and utilise your initiative within the program team. High level organisation skills and an ability to prioritise workloads will be required when coordinating projects, stakeholder meetings and events, and in the development of project reports, communications and other processes. The provision of support to the team is also a primary responsibility of the Program Coordinator. To be successful in this role, you will need to display versatility, flexibility, enthusiasm and a high level of motivation and initiative.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Psychology or a related discipline or relevant experience in project coordination in a research setting; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training;
- Prior experience of supporting projects in a tertiary or clinical environment, with a demonstrable understanding of project roles and methodologies;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders at all levels;
- Demonstrated high levels of initiative with an ability to work both independently and as part of a project focused team;
- Excellent organisational skills including the ability to prioritise, manage complex tasks and multiple projects and meet competing deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy and attention to detail;
- Demonstrated strong computing capabilities, including high competency level with Microsoft Office applications and preferred experience with database management systems;
- Ability and capacity to implement required UNSW health and safety policies and procedures
- Experience in supervision and mentoring of staff.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Hannah Buckley, CRESP Program Coordinator
T: (61 2) 9382 4522
Applications close: 7 May 2017