About the company
UniSA Ventures Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of the University of South Australia and is responsible for the assessment, protection, management and commercialisation of Intellectual Property created from world class research conducted at the University. With continued growth and a number of exciting and ground-breaking projects on the go, a new position has now been created for a Commercial Associate to support a small team of Commercial Managers.
About the role
The objective of the Commercial Associate position is to support the team in generating, assessing and developing commercial deals for UniSA Ventures. You will be required to maintain project and commercial agreements, updating the MyIP database to record project data information and liaising with relevant internal and external stakeholders. This position is vital to ensure that UniSA Ventures continues to drive research translation and build on a strong base of successful commercialisation.
- Engage with the UniSA research community
- Promote and assist in the completion of invention disclosures
- Record project details and commercialisation agreements
- Generate reports and statistics
- Conduct desktop market research
- Maintain patent portfolio records
- Contribute to process improvement
- Prepare project case studies and technology flyers
Skills & experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Science, Engineering or Business related discipline
- Commercial acumen and database management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of intellectual property and licensing
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
Culture & benefits
This unique organisation offers flexible working hours, an attractive salary, on-site car parking and the opportunity to work with a close-knit team of highly qualified professionals. With exposure to business development, intellectual property management, licensing and law, don't miss the opportunity to join this team and be part of exciting and innovating business ventures.
Applications in Microsoft Word only should be forwarded to Joanna Slaven quoting reference number 21629.
Telephone enquiries are welcome on 8100 8851
All enquiries must be directed to the recruitment agency. No direct enquiries will be taken via UniSA Ventures.