Senior Systems Engineer
- Fixed Term (until 29.04.2018), Full Time
- Information and Technology Directorate
- CQUniversity Rockhampton
- Total Salary $93,280 to $104,952 pa
Your New Directorate:
The Information and Technology Directorate (IaTD) delivers real business and technical solutions for the whole of the CQUniversity's activities in learning, teaching, research and corporate functions. We combine our professional expertise and knowledge of technology applications with a growing knowledge of the University's business to provide expert consultancy services to our stakeholders.
Your New Role:
- Use expertise, leadership, and project management competencies to design, implement, and maintain innovative systems and services that continually improve CQUniversity’s processes, meeting the University’s requirements for functionality and service levels on availability, integrity, and security.
- Take ownership of ICT issues and work independently, or collaboratively, to achieve agreed service levels by analysing and diagnosing complex application and infrastructure environments. Negotiate satisfactory outcomes with minimal disruption to the client.
- Work cooperatively and proactively with your IaTD colleagues in order that IaTD as a whole succeeds in its objectives and meets its service obligations.
You Will Be:
- Positive and committed to team work in order to maintain a supportive and collaborative work environment
- Self-driven and motivated and using initiative to achieve positive outcomes
You Will Have:
When submitting your application for the Senior Systems Engineer position please provide evidence of the following qualifications/experience;
- Demonstrated experience in using your technical knowledge and expertise to lead and assist other members of your team. (Essential)
- A degree with at least six years subsequent relevant experience; or extensive experience and management expertise in an administrative field; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training. (Essential)
- As this position is working in a high ICT Security Area, the appointable applicant for this position will be asked to consent to a police check/national criminal history check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
To begin your journey with Australia’s most engaged and inclusive University
- Go to http://www.cqu.edu.au/jobs and apply today!
- Vacancy Reference Number: 31872
- Applications Close: 11:59pm, Thursday 27th April 2017
You must submit the following documents in order to be eligible for consideration for this role: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume,
Responses to Selection Criteria and Certified copies of Qualifications relevant to Position Description. Use uppercase alphabetic or numeric
characters only in your file names. Do not use any characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address.
“Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.”
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.