Learning and Teaching Services Officer
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Business School at UNSW Sydney (The University of New South Wales) is a leader in business education and research in the Asian region and one of the largest of its kind in the world with over 12,000 students and over 300 academics and researchers who are global leaders in their fields. The School's reputation is built on its outstanding staff, students and alumni and a cultural diversity which ensures an international focus.
The Business School offers a complete range of business degree programs at undergraduate, postgraduate, coursework and research levels, including the AGSM MBA programs and an outstanding range of Executive Programs.
The School of Economics is one of eight (8) schools within the Business School that comprises of 58 staff who are engaged in teaching and research across a wide area of sub-disciplines within economics, including econometrics and economic history.
About the role
- Level 6 - plus (17% superannuation and leave loading or 9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading less than 2 years fixed term)>
- Maternity Leave Replacement until July 2018
With a view to the ongoing improvement of learning and teaching in the School, the focus of this role is to collaborate with the Director of Academic Programs or delegate to support the Learning and Teaching (L&T) portfolio in the areas of course development, secretariat services, implementation of new learning initiatives and practices, administrative advice to academic staff, course outlines, and managing course processes.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
• A relevant tertiary qualification or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and/or relevant experience.
• Demonstrated high-level written communication skills, including the ability to analyse material and summarise key issues; and to write, edit and proof material
• Excellent organisational and time management skills with a proven ability to deal with multiple tasks, establish priorities and meet deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to liaise with a diversity of stakeholders and client groups.
• Demonstrated ability to work with and adapt to new technologies and systems including:
o web-based and new media educational delivery software and
o management of databases and systems.
• Demonstrated ability to identify, analyse and solve administrative problems to produce quality and accurate outcomes.
• Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Yvonne Balakian, School Manager
T: (61 2) 9385 4040
Applications close: Friday 28th April 2017