Applications & Systems Developer
York St John University is seeking an individual experienced in LAMP administration and development in a professional environment, to join a small development and support team within the Information & Learning Services department.
The role will be split between supporting existing University business and Learning & Teaching systems, systems integration and developing new solutions that will be used by students and staff.
- Liaise with Business Analysts to interpret stakeholder requirements and provide appropriate level of technical / non-technical advice & guidance to IT and business users.
- Provide reliable deadline estimates for development work and ensure that projects, user requests and expectations are managed.
- Document technical specifications and user guides on new and existing developments and processes.
- Work on the full life cycle of new software developments, including design, implementation, testing, debugging and maintenance.
- Provide 3rd line support for existing University systems, ensuring support requests are managed within agreed time scales.
Essential Skills & knowledge
- Strong written & verbal communication skills with technical and non-technical user.
- Time management and project prioritisation
- Administration and development in a LAMP environment.
- PHP 5 or above.
- MySQL or PostgreSQL
Desirable skills & knowledge
- Moodle and Mahara development and administration
- ASP.NET (Frameworks 3.5, 4, 4.5)
- C#.NET with MVC and / or Win Forms
- HTML / CSS
- Entity Framework and Linq
- SQL and SQL Server Management Studio
- Windows Server administration (2008 and above)
- Visual Studio 2010 or above
- IIS 7 configuration
- Source control (particularly Team Foundation Server, git)
- Active Directory management experience
- Microsoft SharePoint
- XML / XSLT and JSON
Please note that CVs will not be accepted in place of the application form.
We are committed to Diversity and Inclusion within our workforce and welcome applications from all backgrounds.