Internal Communication Specialist
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
External Relations, University Services
Salary: PCS 8 - $95,844 - $103,739 p.a. plus 9.5% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Internal Communication Specialist is a member of the Corporate Marketing and Communications Team which sits within the External Relations portfolio.
About the role
The Internal Communication Specialist provides strategic communication planning expertise, along with strong writing skills, to deliver targeted, effective communications and activities to various internal audiences across the University. It will seek to build an engaged community of interest among key audiences through engaging and informative content creation and delivery.
This role will support the University's strategic objectives by planning, producing, and appropriately distributing high quality, relevant and engaging communication material that engages and informs key audiences across a range of media including print, online and other communication collateral.
- Undergradate degree in marketing, communications, public relations or related field, plus considerable related communications experience
- Well-honed communication and writing skills
- Strategic communication planning and annual plan development experience
- Previous executive communication support an asset
- Relationship building and stakeholder management skills
- Project management skills
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 3 May 2017
Position Description & Selection Criteria
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria