Senior Lecturer in Social Work
- 2 year appointment (full-time or part-time)
- Salary range: Level C $117,857 - $135,900 p.a. pro-rata plus 17% super
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top Australian universities and a member of the prestigious Group of Eight research-intensive universities ranked among the top 100 universities in the world.
The School of Allied Health in the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences at The University of Western Australia is a research-intensive academic organisation giving material expression to the belief that excellence in research underpins excellence in teaching and community partnerships. The School has a reputation for a strong evidence based approach to research and education that is used for policy and practice development.
The Senior Lecturer will be responsible to the Head of School of Allied Health through the Head of Discipline of Social Work and Social Policy. The appointee will be motivated to deliver quality teaching and unit co-ordination in social work. Also you will undertake research and obtain research funding, individually or in collaboration, as well as supervising research students and contribute to the academic environment of the School.
This role is available on a full-time or part-time basis for an initial period of two years with the possibility of further extensions.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- A PhD qualification is essential
- Knowledge of and teaching experience in Social Work in a university environment.
- Ability to administer and coordinate academic units and programs in teaching and learning.
- Familiarity with flexible teaching methods, such as case enhanced learning and e-learning.
- Achievement and experience in obtaining research grants and undertaking research.
- Achievement and experience to write and publish journal articles and other publications.
- Evidence of supervision of students' research in a university environment.
- Excellence in management and organisational skills and leadership qualities.
- Evidence of a high level of interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication, and demonstrated ability to relate well to staff and students at all levels.
- Eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers.
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description and applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria.
Benefits include generous superannuation and leave provisions and fares to Perth (if applicable) for appointee and dependents. These and other benefits will be specified in the offer of employment.
Closing date: Monday 15 May 2017
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
A teaching portfolio is recommended evidence of teaching experience.
Please see the position description prior to applying: 315150.pdf
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.