Postdoctoral Fellow - Centre for International Health
CENTRE FOR INTERNATIONAL HEALTH
DEPARTMENT OF PREVENTIVE AND SOCIAL MEDICINE
Our Centre for International Health facilitates and promotes research to contribute to the understanding and improvement of health in under-resourced countries, while focusing on postgraduate training and strategic mentorship of leaders.
As a Postdoctoral Fellow, you will be primarily responsible for conducting systematic reviews and meta-analyses of published data, landscape analyses of unpublished ongoing work, and data gaps analyses on global typhoid fever epidemiology relevant for typhoid vaccine policy.
Your Skills and Experience
- Hold a doctoral degree in a field related to the project with training and expertise in epidemiology, systematic reviews, and meta-analysis required.
- Experience in infectious diseases epidemiology, especially of enteric fever, and in burden of disease methods is preferred.
- Enjoy working with literature and synthesising large amounts of data.
- Have excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Be able to engage and communicate effectively with global subject matter experts.
- Be attentive to detail.
The position would suit someone seeking experience while in transition to becoming an independent researcher in global health or infectious diseases epidemiology.
This is a full-time, fixed-term position for two years; based in Dunedin, New Zealand.
Confidential enquiries can be made to Professor John Crump, Co-Director of the Centre for International Health, via email@example.com
How to apply
To submit your application please click the ‘apply’ button below. Applications quoting reference number 1700737 will close on Sunday, 30 April 2017.
To see a full job description and to apply online go to: www.otago.ac.nz/humanresources/join-otago
Equal opportunity in employment is University policy.
E tautoko ana Te Whare Wananga o Otago i te kaupapa whakaorite whiwhinga mahi.