Human Resources Business Partner
The Human Resources Business Partner is an integral part of the HR Team who operates within assigned Hubs throughout the University. They are responsible for the strategic and operational management of people issues within their assigned Hub and provide professional HR expertise, guidance, support and solutions in line with University policies and procedures.
In the role you will:
- Provide timely and professional HR advice, guidance services and solutions within the assigned Hub on a range of strategic, operational and procedural human resource management policies, practices and employment related issues.
- Provide creative/innovative HR solutions/problem solving on a range of issue that will enhance effectiveness in the Hub. Contribute to the design and implementation of Strategic HR engagements that develop a talented workforce and align individual effort with University Strategy and initiatives.
- Manage or participate in specific HR projects to improve HR management capability, service delivery and contribute to the continuous improvement of HR processes, procedures and policy.
You will be employed on a full-time ongoing basis.
To be considered, you will have:
- A degree in Human Resource Management or other relevant qualifications, with a number of years professional HR experience in large and/or complex organisations, or an equivalent combination of training and/or experience.
- Proven negotiation, influencing and strong analytical skills, with creative problem solving abilities including well developed judgment, initiative and decision-making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively liaise with all levels of senior management, and the ability to work in a flexible and collaborative manner.
- Demonstrated successful experience in developing, reviewing and implementing HR strategies, frameworks, policies and procedures to meet operational and strategic objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to work with ambiguity, multi-task and work to tight time frames and deadlines, progress projects to completion, and assess and evaluate the impact of projects.
- Proven skills in developing clear, actionable plans in support of strategic initiatives and the ability to identify new ways in which HR can support the business strategy.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 8 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $122,987 comprising base salary within the range of $91,020 to $105,117 plus 17% superannuation.
For further information about this position please contact Chris Smyth, Executive Director Human Resources, Chris.Smyth@utas.edu.au / 03 6226-2566.
**Please note, your application must as a minimum include your resume, a cover letter and your responses to the position/selection criteria.
Applications close Friday, 28 April 2017.