Unprecedented investment to realise a bold & progressive vision for UNSW has created a rare and challenging opportunity for a senior PMO professional
- Optimise process & reduce complexity in realising strategic objectives
- Network and build strong relationships within diverse & supportive organisation
- Deliver your best work and mentor others to leave a lasting ‘UNSW 2025’ legacy
Our ambition is to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university. We aspire to this in the belief that a great university can make an enormous difference to the lives of people around the world.
The UPO provide strategic project change leadership to support the strategy for UNSW 2025 and major projects across UNSW. This will be underpinned by standardising a common set of project management frameworks, templates, processes, tools and expertise.
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Continuing Full Time
- Kensington based
Reporting to the UPO Director the successful candidate will build strong working relationships across stakeholder groups in ensuring the overall program integrity and coherence within the context of the UNSW 2025 Strategy.
You will monitor and drive efficiencies in the day-to-day activities ensuring the proper execution of program frameworks, processes and tools to enable effective change and realisation of projected benefits.
- Lead the planning and implementation of projects facilitating the definition of scope, objectives and deliverables
- Manage program level schedule dependencies, risks, issues, change requests and financials and work with the change management team to ensure appropriate arrangements are in place
- Support project delivery teams to identify and report program and project risks, identifying options of corrective action where necessary
- Maintain the program issues, risk, and change logs and ensure that projects within the program remain aligned to approved business cases
- Work with the UPO team to help review proposed project management processes and PPM tool selection, set up and implementation tasks
You have gained considerable experience in project, program and portfolio management deploying a blend of methodologies and toolsets along the way.
- Extensive experience delivering large scale projects and programs;
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of a variety of methodologies, processes and tools
- A strong skill set in risk mitigation and benefit realisation
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- An authentic interest in and understanding of the context and culture of the higher education sector
What sets you apart is your flexibility to changing circumstances and the diplomacy you use to support your sponsors & stakeholders in achieving priority outcomes.
Please submit your documentation in pdf format ensuring you address the selection criteria in the position description in your application.
For more information contact James McCay, Talent Acquisition Consultant on firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 9385 2462.
Applications close: 30th April 2017
Job Reference: 58306