Project Facilitator or Research Officer - Expanded Perception and Interaction Centre
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The explosion of big data gives us access to unprecedented volumes of medical information but we are still analysing it in two-dimensional platforms that are decades old. The Expanded Perception and Interaction Centre – EPICentre – is a cross faculty research project between UNSW Art & Design and UNSW Medicine. This new facility employs new paradigms in interactive immersive visualisation and sonification to critically analyse the ever-growing stream of big data.
About the role
- $89K-$96K plus (17% superannuation and leave loading or 9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading less than 2 years fixed term)
- Fixed Term until date 31st December 2019
The Research Officer at EPICenter is the nexus between the Faculty of Medicine and Art & Design facilitating projects and communications in big data visualisation. Reporting to the EPICentre co-Directors, and internally also working closely with the Head of Visualisation and Facility Manager, the role is required to liaise with a broad stakeholder base
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have excellent organisational and communication skills
- Have deonstrated experience in medical research
- Have tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline including science, biomedical science, or health related disciplines
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
A/Prof Nalini Pather
T: (61 2) 9385 8025
Applications close: 5pm, 3rd May 2017