- Full Time
Project Investment Analyst able to apply rigour & critical thinking in a warm engaging manner needed on unprecedented program of works.
- Help identify underlying project risks & prevent project failures at implementation
- Empower UNSW 2025 transformation & enhance PMO performance outcomes
- 24 month contract with opportunities to extend or progress
UNSW has embarked on a new 10-year strategy in 2015 which aims to propel UNSW into the world’s top 50 universities by 2025.
The UPO provides support, assurance, performance monitoring, and risk management for all major projects across UNSW including monitoring and reporting of the overall Strategy 2025 program against planned and realised benefits.
- $89k - $96k plus 9.5% superannuation & leave loading
- 2 year Fixed Term / Full-time
- Kensington based
Reporting to the Lead Analyst, the UPO Analyst provides commercial advice to Executives to ensure projects are commercially viable and have realistic implementation and benefit plans.
You will provide a comprehensive and unbiased review of project and funding proposals ensuring they are of the highest quality and underpin successful delivery of the Strategy 2025 program.
- Support, guide and provide advice to UNSW staff throughout the proposal development and approval process.
- Complete accurate and timely analysis of project initiation documents to ensure scope, time, budget, benefits and cross-functional dependencies are identified and considered.
- Provide advice on consultation and seek input from relevant subject matter leads including Finance,
- Risk and other university functions.
- Provide governance support to the Planning and Assurance Board in the assessment of proposals including identification of exceptions, meeting pack preparation, minutes, action tracking and reporting, committee metrics.
- Prepare business documents including management reporting, viability paper and business cases.
You have a blend of consulting & ‘in house’ PMO experience so identifying areas of weakness, potential risk and issues in proposals is second nature to you.
- Degree qualified in Finance or Business
- Strong track record in developing and delivering high-quality proposals on strategic projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills developed in a consulting or advisory role
- Advanced written communication skills e.g. briefings, proposals and written presentations.
What sets you apart is your diplomacy and practical commercial advice.
Please submit your documentation in pdf format ensuring you address the selection criteria in the position description in your application.
For more information contact James McCay, Talent Acquisition Consultant on firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 9385 2462.
Applications close: 30th April 2017
Job Reference: 58318