UNSW Canberra is a campus of the University of New South Wales located at the Australian Defence Force Academy in Canberra. UNSW Canberra endeavours to offer staff a rewarding experience and offers many opportunities and attractive benefits, including:
- One of Australia’s leading research and teaching universities
- Australian bush land setting with FREE parking
- FREE Onsite GYM and Indoor Sports Centre
- Strong commitment to staff development and learning
- Strong commitment to work life and family balance
- Generous superannuation and salary packaging opportunities
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work
About the role
- Level 4 $63,584 - $67,074 - Level 5 $69,355 - $78,478 plus (17% superannuation)
- Full-time 35 hours
The Rector's Office currently has a vacancy for a vibrant and dedicated Administration Assistant to join their team. The position undertakes a variety of administrative functions to support the Rector's Office. The successful person will be required to develop and maintain highly effective working relationships with all relevant stakeholders including key academic and administrative staff within the four schools, managers and other key staff within administrative units, and the wider UNSW, Defence and general community.
*While this is a 4/5 broadband position, it is the University's intention to employ at the lower level*
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will
- Skills in managing enquiries, correspondence, and organising meetings, travel, accommodation and experienced in processing finance, human resources and facilitie
- Experience as an administrator and/or customer service background with a high attention to detail and accuracy; strong interpersonal and communication skills; and an ability to manage competing priorities to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of office systems and practices, and a proven ability to act with discretion, maintain confidentiality and exercise initiative.
- A tertiary qualification or an equivalent level of knowledge gained through a combination of relevant administrative experience and/or training
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Executive Officer, Rector's Office
T: (61 2) 6268 6272
Applications close: 30th April 2017