As an Accounting Intern in the Controller’s Office at Caltech you will work with various areas of the Controller’s Office supporting special projects, as well as performing regular daily activities. These areas may include reporting, project management, process mapping and other workflow documentation, and standardizing forms and templates. The intent of the program is to allow the intern to gain a practical understanding of the regular operations of the function, while providing a temporary resource to further progress on active projects.
- Assist team with an internal audit of endowed funds.
- Research and review for appropriate recording of the funds, and in tracking related restrictions.
- Work with Caltech staff to locate additional support, make recommendations for necessary corrections, record the corrections, and document the results.
- Assist team in documenting process maps, workflows, and narratives.
- Identify areas that can be streamlined, and make recommendations for improvements as needed.
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to adapt behavior and approach to different people and situations, including working well independently, and with teams.
- Maturity, self-confidence, and tactful assertiveness.
- Must be pursuing a BA/BS in Accounting or another related field.
- Excellent organization skills, oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work with a high degree of detail, and work with supervisor to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Experience with MS Office programs.
- Detailed-oriented and thorough worker.
Supervisory position? No
Posting Open Date 04/12/2017
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.