Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research)
Reference no. 715/0417
- Exciting opportunity to oversee and deliver strategic projects
- An understanding of medical-related data essential
- Full-time, fixed term 3 years, remuneration package: $119K p.a. which includes leave loading and up to 17% super
The University of Sydney is Australia’s first university and has an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. It employs over 7600 permanent staff, supporting over 60,000 students.
The University is committed to being Australia’s leading comprehensive and research intensive university. We are focused on continued improvement in our research performance, improving our competitive position both domestically and internationally in order to contribute to the economic, social and cultural well-being of Australia and the wider world. To realise this vision the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research) (DVCR) portfolio is implementing strategies that will attract and nurture the brightest researchers and support them to undertake research.
Reporting to the Project Management Lead, you will:
- coordinate the triaging and management of contractual and business development matters for Research Portfolio’s special projects
- manage overall project organisation and establishment
- manage the development and implementation of project plans to meet objectives
- develop and embed project governance and reporting frameworks to monitor implementation, progress and delivery of the project
- manage project financials against budget and coordinate external funding opportunities
- provide effective leadership and people management and coordination of project staff.
To achieve success in this position, you will have:
- project management qualifications/certification (or currently working towards)
- extensive project management expertise gained within complex, multi-faceted organisations
- an understanding of medical-related data
- excellent planning, analysis and communication skills together with the ability to work according to strict deadlines and manage various demands
- successful track record of establishing business plans, market & SWOT analysis
- experience managing a diverse group of key internal/external stakeholders through the full project lifecycle.
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number to apply.
Closing date: 11:30pm 30 April 2017
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
If we think your skills are needed in other areas of the University, we will be sure to contact you about other opportunities.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.