Assistant Director, Pathways & Operations
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work.
The Engagement and Vocational Education (E&VE) Portfolio leads and coordinates the University's industry engagement, communications, marketing, and vocational education, providing services to internal and external clients and stakeholders.
E&VE is led by the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Engagement and Vocational Education). The business units within the E&VE portfolio are: Communications, Marketing (including Global Student Recruitment), Industry Business Development, and the Office of the Executive Director Vocational Education and Planning & Resources.
The Assistant Director, Pathways and Operations provides strategic leadership in the development and management of internal and external pathways and the smooth operation of the international student admissions function.
- Manage the international admissions procedures, policies and protocols to ensure that all applications are processed in a timely and systematically manner.
- Lead the development and recording of all pathways (including RMIT English Worldwide, Foundation Studies, VCE, VE, UG and PG programs) to facilitate seamless transition for international students
- Lead and manage the effective operation of the Pathways and Operations team by planning, determining work priorities, monitoring performance of team members and by providing leadership and guidance to staff as well as working with the Director Global Student Recruitment to devise a program of identification of staff development needs and implementation of developmental activities.
- Manage and ensure the delivery of excellent frontline customer service and standards to international students, agents and other clients at the Info Corner and in all post acceptance contacts such as general advice and referrals, arrival services, payments, and refunds.
- Contribute to the development and review of policies and procedures, strategies and initiatives in relation to pathways and international admissions functions
- Ensure that all processes and procedures are compliant with both RMIT policies but also with relevant government legislation, such as the ESOS Act.
- Manage the admissions system, including the periodic review and upgrade of the system to meet the needs of international student recruitment, admissions, arrival, support, and reporting activity.
- Build key contacts within the academic Colleges and central administrative business units and develop collaborative relationships with them.
- Communicate and promote the policies and functions of the group to staff in the University and ensure appropriate consultation occurs.
- Produce reports, policy papers and recommendation papers with regards to issues and policy concerning student admissions, and services.
- Actively and effectively contribute to the leadership and direction of the business unit by contributing to the planning of international recruitment processes and activities leading to the development of new business.
- Ensure effective leadership of relevant committees and contribute to the University's key committees as appropriate.
Skills & Experience Required
You must have extensive experience in a senior management position responsible for processes, policy development, project implementation and business operations. You will be able to demonstrate your experience in leading, developing, guiding and motivating staff and managing resources and provide evidence of successful implementation of policies, procedures and information system solutions in a tertiary environment.
Excellent interpersonal communication and relationship building skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with a range of people across and external to the University in a wide range of cultural, linguistic and social contexts is essential including your experience in influencing, developing and implementing policy, ensuring adherence to organisational guidelines and/or government legislation.
Knowledge and understanding of business principles, processes and strategic business decision making requirements and highly developed diagnostic, analytical and conceptual skills to identify and drive creative solutions and practical implementation strategies is essential
Excellent understanding of the higher education environment, with particular reference to international education preferred.
For further information please contact Neil Baron on +61 3 9925 0732 or to view a position description visit yourcareer.rmit.edu.au and search using job reference number 557081
Applications close on Wednesday 3rd May 2017
Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description. This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community.
More jobs like this
- £0 - £10,000 Permanent Business & Management International Activities jobs in Melbourne
- £0 - £10,000 Permanent Education International Activities jobs in Melbourne
- £0 - £10,000 Permanent Social Sciences International Activities jobs in Melbourne
- £0 - £10,000 Permanent Business & Economics International Activities jobs in Melbourne