Marketing and Communications
Job Ref No: 3308
Built on the principles of equity, excellence and engagement, the University of Newcastle (UON) has a reputation as a world-class institution making an impact within our regions, throughout Australia and across the globe. This is an exciting time to be part of the University of Newcastle as we embark on our NeW Futures Strategic Plan 2016-2025. We are building on strong foundations to realise our 2025 vision to stand as a global leader, distinguished by a commitment to equity and excellence, creating a better future for our regions through innovation and impact. Being part of a university on the move gives our people the opportunity to really make a mark in their chosen field.
About the opportunity
Marketing and Communications plays a major role in driving UON's reputation and brand health by communicating key deliverables from the New Futures Strategic Plan to students, industry, government, community, academics and researchers.
The Marketing and Communications Web Team oversees ongoing development, maintenance and governance of UON's main corporate website, ensuring it is effectively utilised to promote the UON brand, its key products and reputation locally, nationally and internationally.
The Web Team also monitors site analytics, enhances web performance, collaborates with stakeholders to design creative and functional web content solutions and provides support and training to a content community of website publishers and approvers.
The Web Manager is the driver of this high-performing team, responsible for the development and carriage of the overall UON website strategy and has overall accountability for all website development projects and optimisation of the University's website to market UON to its stakeholders.
This opportunity is being offered on a permanent, full-time basis. For the full list of core responsibilities please access the PD by clicking the 'Apply Now' button below.
Skills and experience
To be considered for this position you will have:
- Relevant qualifications and extensive experience in web development, web support or digital marketing; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Extensive demonstrated experience creating, implementing and taking ownership for an organisational wide web strategy, ideally within the higher education sector, or similar environment, with extensive knowledge of digital marketing and its implementation for web content development, projects and user functionality.
- Expert knowledge and experience analysing and interpreting web data, driving SEO strategy, undertaking high level strategic reporting and driving best practice use of web content management systems (WCMS).
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills including the capacity to build relationships and negotiate with a wide range of stakeholders to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Demonstrated leadership capability including the ability to lead and inspire a team of professional staff to deliver exceptional performance and outcomes.
Please note: In accordance with the University's Staff Selection Guidelines, your application will be assessed on the selection criteria found at the link below. It is essential that you address each of the criteria to enable the selection committee to properly assess your application and suitability for interview.
HEW Level 9 - $110,645 to $118,548 per annum plus generous superannuation contributions of 17% with Unisuper.
Applications close: Sunday 30 April 2017
For more information about the position including selection criteria please click the 'Apply for this job' button below or go to
newcastle.edu.au/job-vacancies THE UNIVERSITY OF NEWCASTLE
VALUES EQUITY AND DIVERSITY