Research Technician - Shapiro Laboratory
The Shapiro Laboratory at the California Institute of Technology develops molecular and cellular technologies to enable non-invasive imaging and control of biological processes. We are looking for a Research Technician to join our team and help us accomplish this research mission. He or she will report directly to Professor Shapiro and will assist with experiments involving molecular and cellular engineering and ultrasound. This person will be an integral member of the research team, alongside postdoctoral fellows and graduate students, and is expected to contribute to, and be a co-author on, scientific publications.
Additional information about the Shapiro group can be found at http://shapirolab.caltech.edu.
• Assists with one or more primary research projects involving techniques such as 1) molecular biology (DNA cloning), 2) bacterial and mammalian cell culture, 3) fluorescence and electron microscopy, and 4) ultrasound measurements.
• Assists with research related laboratory activities. Activities include the organizing the maintenance of major laboratory equipment and organizing the laboratory’s biological reagents.
• Bachelor’s degree in Biomedical Engineering or related field required by date of hire.
• Laboratory research experience with molecular biology, biochemistry and ultrasound.
• Master’s degree in Biomedical Engineering or related field.
Supervisory position? No
Posting Detail Information
Posting Open Date 03/30/2017
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.