Associate Director - Pre Award Services
Tracking Code 8765/D1117
The manager will oversee, direct and mentor a team of Research Administrators/Sr. Administrators and Award Analysts/Sr. Analysts (approximately 8 professionals) focused on service excellence, continuous improvement and compliance with policies, processes and regulations. Provides quality control over the work output of the unity by clarifying and enforcing standard operating procedures, staff accountability and quality standards. Monitors and reports on team productivity and status as required or requested by OSP leadership and the BU Research community. Manages relationships, expectations and interactions with the BU research community while serving as a liaison for OSP’s internal clients (Principal Investigators, Academic Departments and other administrative offices) and external clients, including both federal and non-federal sponsors. Serves as a subject matter expert, advising OSP staff and the broader research community on a variety of areas impacted by or relating to research administration, including proposal review and submission, award negotiation and acceptance and non-financial post award management through closeout. This position reports to the Associate Director of Pre-Award Services.
- Partners with other Pre-Award Managers and the Associate Director, Pre-Award on establishing and executing against department wide initiatives and priorities, such as policy and procedure development and implementation
- Planning, developing and implementing training across a variety of research administration topics for OSP staff and the BU Community, including Principal Investigators, Departmental support staff and other BU employees
- Managing, leading and completing special projects as assigned
- BA/BS and three or more years of progressively responsible experience within the field of research administration/sponsored programs administration, including proposal and award review, negotiation and administration in a university, non-profit or research institution
- Proven record of staff supervisory, personnel management and staff development experience, which includes performance evaluations
- Strong customer service orientation and collaborative approach
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as part of a team under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to develop oneself
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage timeline and prioritize workload of oneself and others
- Ability to interact with people of varying levels of responsibility within an organization and various funding agencies/sponsors, both federal and non-federal
- Experience using electronic proposal and award management and various computer applications (i.e. Excel, Word, and Access).
- Advanced knowledge of federal regulations such as applicable OMB Circulars and sponsor term and conditions
- High level of experience working with faculty, staff or related external agencies in a complex organization
- Advanced degree in business/public administration, finance or law
- Contracting experience in the sponsored projects arena
- Experience with “Lean process” principles
- Experience with Kuali Coeus, electronic grants administration systems such as grans.gov, eRA commons, Fastlane and similar systems.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Location Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular