Lecturer in Sociology
Lecturer in Sociology
Post No: HSS-P23
£33,943 to £38,183 per annum, pro rata
The Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences is seeking to appoint a Lecturer in Sociology to join the team in the Department of Politics & Society.
You will be expected to undertake the following activities:
- Contribute substantially to undergraduate teaching and supervision on sociology
- Contribute to developing PhD supervision
- Develop an excellent profile of research and knowledge exchange activity, demonstrated through publications, income generation, and public talks and external profile-raising
- Participate in Open Days and other recruitment activity as appropriate, including at external events
- Maintain appropriate office hours outside of teaching sessions, in order to be available for tutor meetings and student queries
The successful candidate will already have completed, or be close to completion of, a doctorate in a relevant area, and be able to demonstrate clear and achievable research goals.
The Politics & Society Department currently offers a portfolio of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. It comprises of Animal Welfare programmes, Politics programmes, along with the Sociology programme. The Department has research strengths in politics and international relations, social policy, sociology, and animal welfare.
The Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences is home to a range of disciplines offering undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in Psychology, Criminology, Sociology, Theology and Religious Studies, History, Anthropology, and Archaeology. We have a thriving and well recognised research culture, and a growing number of postgraduate research students.
One of our core values is ‘individuals matter’. As an employee at the University of Winchester, we are committed to your wellbeing and development. You will have access to a wide range of benefits and support including complimentary access to the GetActive initiative, comprehensive staff development programme, generous holiday entitlement and pension scheme. Further details can be found on our website.
Closing Date: 3 May 2017
Interview Date: 22 May 2017
Applications should be made online at www.winchester.ac.uk. Please note that posts close at midnight on the date stated. Late applications will not be accepted. Due to certificate of sponsorship restrictions this post is not open to applicants who require sponsorship to work at the University of Winchester.
We delight in diversity in our workforce and seek others that share this value