Hospitality Operations Manager
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
Hospitality Operations are dedicated to supporting the University through the creation of high quality vibrant hospitality in design, standard, offering and service which contribute towards an enjoyable and productive campus experience for our students, staff and community.
About the role
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Fixed Term until 2020
Supporting the Director of Commercial Services, the objective of the role is to lead in the identification, development, implementation and management of profitable and high quality business and space opportunities across the hospitality function (food & beverage, event, hotel and catering).
The role will require development of a network of colleagues across the university; the role has regular contact with the Director of Business and Campus Services, his direct reports and with other members of the Management Board and Steering Committees. The role will on occasion make presentations to the Management Board on business outcomes, proposals and strategic directions.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated high level communication, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Extensive relevant experience in business and strategic planning with high commercial acumen
- The capacity to initiate, develop, present and implement large scale proposals for funding
- Tertiary qualifications in venue management, hospitality management or a related business qualification
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Mr Andrew Walters, Vice-President, Finance and Operations
T: (61 2) 9385 3608
Applications close: 23 April 2017