- 12 month appointment, 0.4 FTE
- Salary range: Level 7 $84,629 - $94,137 p.a.
The Australian Consortium for 'In-Country' Indonesian Studies (ACICIS) is an innovative, non-profit, national educational consortium that was established in 1994 to develop and coordinate high-quality study programs at Indonesian partner universities for Australian university students. The consortium is coordinated by a small secretariat hosted by The University of Western Australia. The main objective of the ACICIS Secretariat is to oversee and administer the operation of ACICIS' in-country study programs in Indonesia and to provide a central point of contact for ACICIS member universities.
About the role:
As the appointee you will be responsible for supporting a range of financial management activities associated with the Consortium's annual budget and quarterly reporting cycles. You will contribute to the establishment, development, and maintenance of internal business controls and systems, key performance indicators, and operational documentation relating to the Consortium's financial management in accordance with the policies of the Consortium, Host University (UWA), as well as prevailing financial legislation and accounting best practice standards.
The Accountant works within the Consortium's small Secretariat team. The Accountant works under the supervision of the Secretariat Manager to ensure the integrity, transparency and overall smooth running of the Consortium's financial management and reporting.
This is a varied role in which you will deal with personnel from across the Host University (UWA) and the Consortium's membership more broadly, as well as with a large number of external partners and stakeholders. Internally, the Accountant will work closely with UWA Faculties, Schools, Centres, other Institutes and the Vice-Chancellery. Externally, the Accountant liaises with representatives from business and industry, staff in other higher education institutions, as well as relevant Commonwealth and State Government Departments.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate/possess:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent competency in accounting, finance or related disciplines.
- Full professional membership of a recognised Australian accounting or financial services body.
- Substantial experience in financial management (particularly in relation to Higher Education institutions) and sound knowledge and understanding of financial legislation and accounting best practice standards.
- Highly developed analytical skills and written and oral communication skills with the ability to relate to diverse groups within the University and externally.
- Ability to work independently, show initiative and achieve results.
- Experience in an environment involving multiple funding arrangements.
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description and applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria.
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Closing date: Tuesday 25 April 2017
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.