Speech Pathologist or Voice Clinician
- Part-time (60%), fixed term for 7 months (job share will be considered)
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus
- $73,573 - $79,638 per annum (pro-rata) + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turns 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
The La Trobe Communication Clinic (LCC) in the School of Allied Health is a teaching, learning and research facility where students attain clinical experience in diagnosis and client management.
About the role
Reporting to the Clinic Manager, the position will work in close collaboration with academic colleagues in the Discipline of Speech Pathology. The incumbent will undertake a variety of functions, including providing transgender voice and communication services to clients, running demonstration sessions for students and clinic visitors. This position assists the Clinic Manager with the development and implementation of policies and procedures and participates in the development and evaluation of clinical services.
Job Share arrangement will be considered.
Skills and Experience
- Degree with subsequent relevant experience in speech pathology and eligibility for membership of Speech Pathology Australia, with at least 3 years of clinical experience as a speech pathologist or experience working with transgender voice.
- Previous clinical experience working in the area of voice.
- Highly developed interpersonal, analytical, time management and problem solving skills with a demonstrated high level of self-motivation.
- A valid Working with Children check and satisfactory Police Check will be required prior to commencement.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this role.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Sunday, 30 April 2017 by 11.00pm AEST.
Position Enquiries: Dr Jenny Oates, Associate Professor Speech Pathology, +61 3 9479 1810 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please address the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant on +61 3 9479 1241 or email@example.com
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.