Client Services Officer
1 day left
- Full Time
The University is currently seeking a Client Services Officer to work within the Student Services and Information Centre (SSIC) which provides a 'one stop shop' for all students, integrating the services provided to domestic and international student cohorts and incorporating a wide range of student administration and support service functions, including the Library’s frontline Client Services operating online and via a physical presence in eight locations across four campuses.
In the role you will:
- Provide a welcoming environment and respond professionally and effectively to general and more complex student enquiries.
- Manage a designated day to day Library or SSIC location including having the responsibility for rostering front and back-of-house work over a range of opening hours.
- Use information-seeking and retrieval skills to assist clients, both on and off campus, to access the information and services they need.
- Train, coordinate, guide and monitor; continuing, fixed-term and casual Client Service Assistants, to ensure a consistent quality of service across all service points and authorise leave applications and shift allowance claims for fixed term and continuing Client Services Assistant.
- Undertake key SSIC activities including taking incoming calls, administration support, coordination of ID cards, administration of payments and financial reporting.
You will be employed on a full-time ongoing basis.
To be considered, you will have:
- Completion of at least a Certificate III in Administration with extensive relevant work experience, or completion of the Library/Information Services Diploma with relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to operate a service point, with a commitment to providing a high level of customer service, preferably within a tertiary education institution or similar organisation.
- Excellent web-based skills, and experience in using and retrieving information from: library applications and systems, CRMs, email, internet, spreadsheet, database and desktop publishing software, and a basic understanding of IT issues that affect students and staff.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with a diverse range of people and organisations.
- Proven high level problem solving skills, and an ability to use discretion, initiative and judgement, particularly when dealing with matters of a confidential nature.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 4 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $74,376 comprising base salary within the range of $59,137 to $ 63,569 plus 17% superannuation.
For further information about this position please contact Kay Hughes, Senior Library Officer, Kay.Hughes@utas.edu.au / 03 6226-2221.
**Please note, your application must as a minimum include your resume, a cover letter and your responses to the position/selection criteria. The position description for this role is available on the University of Tasmania website.
Applications close Wednesday, 26 April 2017.