Chair in Academic General Practice
JOB ID: 170064
SALARY RANGE: An attractive remuneration package to be negotiated (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Negotiable (0.5-1.0 FTE) and continuing
LOCATION: Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Chair in Academic General Practice will provide outstanding academic and research leadership in medicine, professional medical practice, and academic General Practice, and will promote the School within relevant academic and professional communities in Australia and internationally.
This will include:
- The provision of academic leadership in medicine, general practice, and Deakin medical graduate professional attributes, including communication, ethical practice, and professionalism.
- Fostering research activities in General Practice and all aspects of Medicine across the Faculty and University.
- Developing and managing novel and targeted teaching programs in Medicine and making recommendations to the Dean on matters of program and course development, maintenance and delivery, to ensure curriculum quality and relevance.
- Promoting the discipline of Medicine by forging strong relationships with professional groups, government and non-government organisations, overseas institutions, other academics, industry and the wider community.
- Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery degree.
- A postgraduate qualification or fellowship in medical practice.
- Highly developed leadership skills and experience in medical practice and medical education.
- Proven experience in university teaching and learning expertise at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- A record of achievement in providing leadership in learning and teaching strategies across curricula, activities and assessments delivering improved student outcomes.
- Evidence of ability to work collaboratively and effectively within university systems, committee and board structures and decision making processes.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Professor Jon Watson, Dean, School of Medicine, telephone +61 3 5227 1275, email email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 7 May 2017
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin’s workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.