Director, Deakin Rural Health
JOB ID: 170065
SALARY RANGE: An attractive remuneration package to be negotiated (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time and fixed term for 5 years
LOCATION: Warrnambool Campus, however there will be regular travel to other Deakin campuses, clinical schools, teaching sites, partner health services and research institutes.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Director of DRH will provide academic, research and organisational leadership to DRH in order to address the health needs of regional, rural and remote communities.
This will include:
- Providing strong academic and professional leadership and support to the School and the Community.
- In conjunction with the Dean of Medicine, ensuring successful achievement of the seven contract parameters required by the Department of Health (DOH)
- Developing the strategic direction and major policies for DRH in line with partner organisations’ key strategic directions and priorities.
- Undertaking and supervising teaching and research relevant to the role of DRH, supervising postgraduate students (if appropriate) and generate research and other funding.
- Fostering DRH’s local and international network of collaborations in a manner which aligns with the University’s strategic plans and key priorities.
- PhD or MBBS or equivalent higher degree qualification, with postgraduate specialist qualifications, including membership of a recognised professional body.
- Demonstrated experience in leadership of activities related to rural and remote health education, training and research, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health.
- Proven ability to develop and implement strategic plans to meet contracted targets in areas such as rural health education, research and training.
- A strong and current record of success in obtaining external peer reviewed research grants.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Professor Jon Watson, Dean, School of Medicine, telephone +61 3 5227 1275, email email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 7 May 2017
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin’s workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.