AMT Office Assistant
Caltech Academic Media Technologies (AMT) provides video and digital media solutions, strategies, and recommendations in support of Caltech’s research and education mission, outreach, and fundraising.
We are a team that supports Caltech faculty, students, staff, divisions, research centers, the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, and non-academic groups such as Development & Institute Relations, Student Affairs, and the Office of Strategic Communications.
AMT’s campus-wide support includes:
- Creating award-winning videos and animations for news, marketing, event, fundraising, and outreach purposes.
- Generating figures, illustrations, and animations for scientific publications and videos.
- Realizing Caltech faculty’s vision for their online courses.
- Recording, live broadcasting, and providing audio visual support for lectures and events.
- Offering technical event management, including needs analysis and consultation.
- Designing and installing new technologies and capabilities for classrooms, lecture halls, and meetings spaces.
- Learn more at amt.caltech.edu.
AMT is seeking an Office Assistant to support our dynamic and fast-paced work environment. This new team member will be the face of the department, greeting campus clients, visitors, and vendors alike. Coordinating office activities, assisting with purchases, quotes, and invoices, and keeping AMT’s support on track and moving forward are key areas of focus. The successful candidate will be team oriented, with strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task while providing excellent customer service.
Purchasing & Financial:
- Assist with purchases and receipt tracking, including being on top of renewing annual license agreements, assisting with Purchase Orders, travel, and monthly reconciliation of AMT purchases with the CardQuest system.
- Work with vendors to obtain quotes, invoices, and insurance documents
- Deliver work orders to Department Assistant in IMSS for internal charge processing.
- Assist with shipping and receiving of packages and mail.
- Coordinate vendor drop off and pick up of rented equipment to AMT and other campus locations.
- Pick up and deliver media to locations on campus, by walking or driving an electric cart.
Internal project operations support:
- Be the initial point person for AMT customers. This includes answering the door and greeting clients who come to AMT, answering the main office phone and either take simple orders or direct calls to another team member, and forwarding on or responding directly to AMT email, depending on complexity of request.
- Check out equipment for client pick up.
- Working with the team, prepare quotes and invoices and send to client.
- Working with the team, become familiar with the different audio visual capabilities of campus venues.
- Assist with scheduling on-campus video shoots.
- Follow up with Customer Feedback survey after each job.
- Send request to AMT clients if graphics, text, etc. is needed for an ongoing job.
- Generate customer feedback results- Make local pickup of supplies, equipment, or other items needed for support and operations, utilizing personal or campus vehicle.
Scheduling & Filing:
- Keep AMT’s support calendar accurate and alert the team if support has not been assigned; adhering to California’s state guidelines for meal and rest breaks is critical.
- Schedule AMT’s New Media Classroom, including issuing keys to faculty and TAs.
- Schedule locations for equipment set up, site visits, room reservations.
- Schedule internal meetings.
- Calendaring and coordination.
- Compile a list when a room is available for AMT’s support.
- Assist in obtaining signed recording releases and other legal documents (Video Use Agreements) and filing and digitizing appropriately.
- Make campus arrangements for large events where there are AMT support needs (order trash cans, tables, etc.).
- Maintain list to assist in prioritizing jobs.
- Daily assessing progress of jobs.
- Photocopying and document scanning.
- Providing releases and signs to our record packs.
- Take notes at meetings and schedule action items.
- Organize documents, software, books, and other office items.
Equipment & Facilities:
- Track electric cart insurance, and help move forward other vendor insurance documents.
- Keep cart and facilities maintenance on schedule, and relay issues to the service desk as needed.
- Maintain an equipment inventory list and a list of needed equipment for future purposes.
- Assist with paperwork for e-wasted equipment and hardware.
- Assess inventory and order when supplies are low: examples are DVDs, BDs, batteries, tapes, and office supplies.
May also participate in:
- An online quote/labor/equipment/invoice system (like Harvest).
- Equipment use tracking.
- Equipment maintenance tracking.
- WIC processing (internal charge accounting).
- Assist in inventory returns.
- Updating AMT’s Sharepoint and website.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED and at least two years of related work experience.
- Must have strong organization skills and ability to multi-task.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy will be needed.
- Proficient computer skills, PC or Mac platforms and Word and Excel software.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent customer service skills while working with frequent interruptions.
- Must be a team player and be able to work with minimal supervision, and ask questions if instructions are unclear.
- Must be proactive and take initiative to solve problems.
- A valid California Driver’s License throughout the course of employment is required.
- Overtime work hours are required for this position.
- AA degree and 5 years of related work experience.
- Experience with CardQuest or credit card accounting similar system.
- Knowledge of audio visual and/or video production environments would be a plus.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Open Date
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Caltech is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. For more information about “EEO is the Law” click here: EEO is the Law
Special Instructions to Applicants