Senior Administrative Assistant
To provide administrative support for assigned faculty member in the Division of Biology and Biological Engineering (BBE).
- Provide administrative assistance to assigned faculty member, requiring a thorough knowledge of the Division’s processes and Institute Policies and Procedures.
- Apply advanced knowledge of administrative functions to plan, coordinate, and assist in business operations, such as complex travel arrangements, P-card and expense reports for assigned faculty and lab members.
- Using the Caltech P-Card (Visa) or Tech Mart (e-procurement application), purchase goods and services for assigned faculty and lab members. Process reimbursements as needed.
- Reconcile P-Card transactions monthly for self and for assigned faculty member.
- Screen and route mail and telephone calls for assigned faculty member, as needed. Process and maintain sensitive and confidential information.
- May act as liaison between assigned faculty member and grant managers regarding grant proposals and deadlines.
- Maintain calendars, schedule meetings and appointments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Five or more years of relevant work experience.
- Proficient computer skills, including Word, Excel and Outlook. Must be comfortable learning new applications.
- Excellent customer service skills including strong verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be helpful, respectful, and approachable.
- Must have enthusiasm for building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Must demonstrate flexibility and ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience with making travel arrangements and processing travel expense reports.
- Experience with Caltech administrative applications.
- Experience with Howard Hughes Medical Institute administrative applications, procedures, and policies.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Open Date
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Caltech is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. For more information about “EEO is the Law” click here: EEO is the Law
Special Instructions to Applicants