Senior Research Technician, College of Arts & Sciences, Biology
Seeking a bright and highly motivated individual for a Sr. Research Technician position in the laboratory of Dr. Juan Fuxman Bass. We use systems biology approaches to study the transcriptional regulation of immune genes and their misregulation caused by disease-associated mutations, using a combination of high-throughput screens, bioinformatics analyses and cell culture. This position is ideal for candidates looking for a full-time researcher position that are interested in obtaining training in innovative high-throughput methods, doing research in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment, and having the opportunity for scientific and career growth.
Primary duties include:
- Molecular biology (cloning, DNA and RNA isolation, PCR, and quantitative PCR), high-throughput yeast-based screens (yeast one-hybrid assays), agar media preparation, cell culture, and cell isolation.
- Assist lab personnel with routine experiments and prepare common lab reagents.
- Systematic generation and maintenance of database/inventory of all lab supplies, plasmids, bacterial stocks, lab records and clone resources. Maintain compliance with safety and biohazard guidelines.
- Lab management including ordering and finances.
- Training of new lab members in various techniques and supervising undergraduate students.
- Optional: Development of own project, new experimental techniques and assays.
Bachelor's degree, and three to five years of experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States