Manager of Training Development, School of Medicine, Cardiovascular Medicine
The American Heart Association Tobacco Regulation and Addiction Center (A-TRAC; https://professional.heart.org/professional/ResearchPrograms/A-TRAC/UCM_459406_A-TRAC-Home.jsp) leads multidisciplinary NIH-funded tobacco regulatory science research. The research focuses on topics that inform the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) regulatory policies on the manufacture, distribution, marketing, and effective communication regarding tobacco products. As part of the larger Tobacco Center of Regulatory Science (TCORS; https://prevention.nih.gov/tobacco-regulatory-science-program/research-portfolio/centers) effort, our mission is to aid the development and evaluation of tobacco product regulation by the FDA and thereby contribute to the protection of public health and reduction of tobacco-related disease, disability, and death.
The Manager of Training and Education for the American Heart Association Tobacco Regulation and Addiction Center (A-TRAC) manages the ongoing implementation, improvement, and evaluation of a longitudinal online professional development program for early career researchers at multiple A-TRAC sites throughout the US. The training fosters skills essential to effectively informing the U.S. FDA in the field of tobacco research and policy.
Among other responsibilities, the Manager of Training and Education will:
1. Lead the development of the program curriculum and competencies for evaluation
2. Organize online and face-to-face training seminars, including spearheading ongoing innovation in curriculum delivery
3. Facilitate professional development opportunities for researchers
4. Conduct educational research in tobacco regulatory science, including program evaluation, manuscript and MedEd portal writing and submissions.
5. Drive recruitment and selection process for new fellows
6. Manage all reporting and reimbursements for education core, including progress reports.
7. Assist in grant writing.
This is a grant funded position.
3-5 years of experience and Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
The successful candidate will be:
- An excellent communicator, both orally and in writing
- Highly motivated and able to move projects forward independently
- Able to juggle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- An innovative, out-of-the-box thinker
- Calm under pressure
- Experienced with and/or interested in developing qualitative and quantitative research skills
The Manager of Training and Education for A-TRAC position provides opportunities to enhance skills in program development and coordination, online learning, educational research, curriculum development, program evaluation, and manuscript and grant writing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States