Property Services Assistant
Reporting to the Property Services Manager, the Property Services Assistant works under general supervision and provides support for the day-to-day operations of the Property Services department. The incumbent is required to service customers at various locations within the Campus premises.
- Identifies, tags, and records all newly acquired equipment owned by the Caltech and sponsor agencies.
- Assists in researching and creating equipment documentation and validation of equipment as expendable or capital equipment.
- Assists in the documentation and recording of equipment transfers.
- Assists customers regarding equipment disposal restrictions, documents dispositions of Caltech and sponsor-owned equipment, and updates the information in Oracle Fixed Assets.
- Assists in ensuring property records in Oracle Fixed Assets are accurate, complete, and current.
- Assists with equipment physical inventory and equipment audits.
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience.
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Must be adept at interfacing with personnel at all levels.
- Data processing skills including MS Excel, MS Access, and MS Word.
- Must be able to function as a cooperative team member.
- This position requires the ability to lift and/or move office equipment and research equipment up to 50 lbs. on an occasional basis.
- This position requires the ability to walk around campus for up to 2 miles during equipment inventory cycles.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Open Date
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Caltech is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. For more information about “EEO is the Law” click here: EEO is the Law
Special Instructions to Applicants