- 12 Month appointment
- Level 6 $77,122 - $81,229 p.a
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to 'innovate and inspire' there is no better time to join Western Australia's top University.
The Confucius Institute (CI) at UWA is dedicated to strengthening ties and increasing mutual understanding between China and Western Australia. CI helps Western Australians connect with Chinese language and culture through Chinese language tuition, public performances, seminars, cultural activity workshops and cultural awareness training. You will work with a cross-cultural team of dedicated people who are passionate about the work they do to increase awareness and understanding of Chinese language and culture.
About the opportunity:
This unique position will utilise the successful applicant's Chinese and English language skills to liaise with partners in Australia and China in order to deliver the Institute's cultural and education programs, including public events and school support programs. It will also coordinate the supply of translation and interpreting services and take a leadership role in the development and presentation of cultural awareness training to university and business clients.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Native or near-native fluency in Chinese Mandarin and English (spoken and written).
- Highly developed written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills including experience in delivering training and/or presentations.
- Highly developed organisational skills with an ability to set priorities and to meet deadlines.
- Substantial administrative experience at an appropriate level, including experience in event management and development of promotional material.
- Ability to work independently, show initiative and to work as part of a team.
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description and applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria.
You will be fluent in Chinese and English and energised by the opportunity this role offers to use your experience and knowledge to help others develop a deeper understanding of Chinese language and culture. You will be highly organised, experienced in managing events, expert at stakeholder management and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities while maintaining a friendly and positive outlook. Importantly, your transcultural experience will make you well aware of cultural differences.
Closing date: 25 April 2017
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Please see the position description prior to applying:
P17 233 POSITION DESCRIPTION [Program Coordinator] - Position Number  - Level .docx
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.