- 12 month appointment
- Salary range: Level 5, $67,114 - $74,624 p.a.
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to 'innovate and inspire' there is no better time to join Western Australia's top University.
The Confucius Institute (CI) at UWA is dedicated to strengthening ties and increasing mutual understanding between China and Western Australia. CI helps Western Australians connect with Chinese language and culture through Chinese language tuition, public performances, seminars, cultural activity workshops and cultural awareness training. You will work with a cross-cultural team of dedicated people who are passionate about the work they do to increase awareness and understanding of Chinese language and culture.
About the opportunity
This front desk position is vitally important to the success of the Institute. The role provides administrative support across all of the work of the Institute, including managing reception and enquiries, Personal Assistant to the Director, coordinating the accounts, scheduling classes, promoting the Institute's programs and helping to settle in and support our volunteers and teachers from China.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Highly developed writing skills (correspondence, procedures and reports) and verbal communication skills.
- Substantial relevant administrative experience at an appropriate level, including coordination of accounts. Experience with marketing programs and activities is preferred.
- Highly developed organisational skills with the ability to manage conflicting demands in a sensitive cross-cultural environment.
- Understanding and appreciation of Chinese culture, or willingness to develop this. Chinese language skills are required.
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description and applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria.
You will be a self-starter with Chinese language skills and experience working in an Australian office environment in a university or other large organisation. You will have superb organisational skills, excellent customer service, experience with accounts and you will thrive on creating a warm and friendly office atmosphere for a cross-cultural team and a diverse group of stakeholders and clients.
Closing date: 25 April 2017
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Please see the position description prior to applying:
P17 235 POSITION DESCRIPTION [Administration Officer] - Position Number  - Level .docx
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.