Publications Officer (ERA)
The ERA Publication Officer supports the University to ensure all UTAS academic publications and outputs within a designated division are identified and correctly recorded in the UTAS research management system.
In the role you will:
- Coordinate and implement the collection of publication data and perform data entry of all publication types into the University's research management system.
- Provide advice and support to authors on collection processes, publication requirements, and Web Access Research Portal (WARP) enquires from academic staff.
- Ensure that annual publication collections for internal UTAS and external collections are completed by due dates including sourcing electronic copies of verification material and author statements in accordance with policies and specifications.
- Provide high quality publications data and reports to the Hub Research Services Manager and stakeholders within the Faculty/Institute/School as requested.
- Identify, communicate and deliver training to stakeholders and develop other communication methods to improve the quality of data collected for university reporting processes.
You will be employed on a fixed-term, full-time basis until March 2018.
To be considered, you will have:
- A post graduate qualification or equivalent combination of relevant experience, education and training.
- Excellent organisational skills, analytical skills, initiative and attention to detail.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills; and proven ability to manipulate and interpret data to produce high quality reports.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to establish and maintain constructive, professional working relationships with academic staff, professional staff and research higher degree candidates.
- Ability to undertake a diverse range of tasks in a complex working environment, managing a number of competing priorities and deadlines.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 5 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $80,395 comprising base salary within the range of $64,060 to $ 73,420 plus 9.5% superannuation.
For further information about this position please contact Catherine Dwyer, Research Services Manager, Catherine.Dwyer@utas.edu.au / 03 6226-2827.
**Please note, your application must as a minimum include your resume, a cover letter and your responses to the position/selection criteria. The position description for this role is available on the University of Tasmania website.
Applications close Wednesday, 26 April 2017.