Senior Lecturer or Lecturer in Virtual and Augmented Reality
JOB ID: 170195
SALARY RANGE: $90,779 to $127,681 pa (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full time and continuing
LOCATION: Melbourne Burwood Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Senior Lecturer or Lecturer in Virtual and Augmented Reality will be required to undertake research, teach, and publish in the area of Virtual and Augmented Reality.
This will include:
- Making a significant contribution within their specific areas of research, scholarship or creative activity.
- Demonstrating excellent scholarly learning and teaching across all levels and modes (including for example in the cloud and in clinical settings) with an emerging reputation at the national level.
- Making a significant contribution to the moderation and maintenance of academic standards, and the development of course and unit curriculum that exemplifies Deakin’s curriculum framework, and meets external requirements such as the Higher Education Standards Framework and professional accreditation.
- Making a significant contribution to the implementation of the University’s Strategic Agenda.
- PhD in a relevant field
- Significant experience in supervising research students
- Experience of working as a productive member of a research team with a scholarly publication record based on research or practice in the area of Virtual and Augmented Reality
- Demonstrated ability to make a significant contribute to the Faculty’s undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programs in a manner that influences, motivates and inspires students to learn
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Professor John Yearwood, Head of School, School of Information Technology, telephone +61 3 9246 8727, email email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 23 April 2017
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin’s workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.