- Opportunity to improve processes and establish procedures
- Manage a team to deliver outcomes
- Continuing position
- $99,558 - $112,173 plus 17% superannuation
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW is currently implementing a ten year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university. We aspire to this in the belief that a great university can make an enormous difference to the lives of people in Australia and around the world.
The School of Accounting, UNSW Business School is one of the world’s top accounting schools and provides leadership in accounting thought and practice through excellence and relevance in teaching, research and community involvement. Our key goals are to provide high quality, relevant education in the accounting discipline; contribute internationally to recognised research; encourage excellence in the practice of accounting. We actively participate in government, community and private sector debates and decision making and foster and sustain the curiosity, creativity, lifelong learning and development of our staff and students.
Are you a true business partner looking for an opportunity to drive process improvement and operational effectiveness?
The UNSW Business School has an exciting opportunity in the School of Accounting for an operationally focused School manager. Reporting jointly to the Head of School and Faculty General Manager, the School Manager is responsible for the efficient day to day operational management of the School, with a focus on building a high performing, customer centric service and process improvement culture.
The successful School manager will:
- Lead, mentor and develop your team to deliver high quality services to school and faculty staff
- Act as a key liaison between the School and central business partners for the effective delivery of a wide range of School functions including Finance, HR, facilities and Student support
- Contribute to the development, improvement and implementation of Faculty-wide policy, procedures and systems
- Act as a change champion for the UNSW 2025 Strategy
Skills and Requirements:
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Superior analytical and complex problem solving skills
- Experience in developing and implementing innovative business improvements and leading through change
- Experience in resource planning, goal setting and project management
- Strong consultation, influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to create effective partnerships with diverse stakeholders
- Strong customer centric focus with a proactive outlook in the delivery of high quality service
Please submit your resume and cover letter (addressing the selection criteria) as soon as practicable. Please note all documentation must be in pdf format.
Applications close: 11:59pm, 23 April 2017
Contact: John Hayes,Talent Acquisition Consultant, e: firstname.lastname@example.org t: +61 9385 2459