2 days left
- Full Time
Student Administration Unit (SAU)
UTS has a bold vision to be a world-leading university of technology. We are a dynamic and innovative university in central Sydney, consistently ranked the top young university in Australia. With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow.
The UTS Student Administration Unit (SAU) facilitates all aspects of the student lifecycle, from enquiry to graduation. It supports excellence in teaching, learning and research by delivering high quality, compliant and client focused administration of the University’s policies and rules relating to student administration.
The Unit is currently recruiting a Coordinator, Timetabling to manage a team responsible for delivering high quality operations in line with the University teaching and learning calendar and student load targets.
You will have primary responsibility for leading activities associated with the effective timetabling of all classes across the University. The role also works towards ensuring the optimum use of the teaching and learning spaces consistent with the University’s teaching and learning approaches.
- Oversee the production and publication of the annual university timetable
- Supporting strategic business and project initiatives in timetabling activities
- Provide timetabling advice to the Manager, Admissions, Enrolments and Timetabling including responses to procedural, policy and University planning directions
- Coordinate Subject Availabilities on the UTS student management system (CASS), including the coordination of the Government reporting requirements for changes to the annual class timetable
- Develop and motivate the team on a daily basis to ensure the provision of customer focused services, providing appropriate levels of direction and support, particularly during peak periods
- Proactively applies sound analysis to identify and prioritise issues and to developing compliant and best practice solutions that establish and achieve organisational and team goals on time.
Main skills/experience required:
- In depth knowledge of scheduling and allocation systems with desirably a background utilising such systems within the university sector
- Desirable to have a good working knowledge of University timetabling processes and system
- Demonstrated high level skill in the evaluation, application and implementation of technology to student administration, including process automation, reporting and data manipulation functions
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain critical stakeholder relationships, applying tact and diplomacy to resolve issues and supporting appropriate team interactions with stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively influence others and build cooperative and collaborative relationships with a range of stakeholders.
Base Salary Range: $84,425 to $93,394 pa (HEW 7)
This role attracts 17% superannuation in addition to the base salary. Employee benefits include flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and salary packaging opportunities.
This appointment will be on a continuing full-time basis.
How to Apply
Please note: Our site is optimised for Internet Explorer 11, Firefox 45 and Safari 9.1. Earlier versions of any of the browsers mentioned are supported, but likely to demonstrate slower response times. Other browsers may offer unexpected results.
Prior to commencing your application for IRC93318, please review the Position Description and the relevant selection criteria - these can be found on our website by clicking on the apply link. You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document. Please note that only those applications submitted via the UTS online recruitment system will be accepted. Current UTS employees should apply through their UTS Employee Self Service function.
As you will be unable to save your application once started, please have all required documents and information available prior to commencing.
Please ensure that the file name for each document submitted includes IRC93318.
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the UTS Recruitment Team at email@example.com or on +61 (0) 2 9514 1080.
Closing Date: Monday 1st of May 2017 at 11.59pm (AEST)
We are committed to diversity and social inclusion, evidenced by our WGEA Employer of Choice citation, Wingara Indigenous Employment Strategy and the UTS Access and Inclusion Plan. We welcome applications from women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles), Indigenous Australians, people with disability, those who identify as LGBTIQ and applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.