Occasional Building Attendant
Posting Number 16329SP Division/Department Student Affairs Laboratory Work Location (City, State or Country) Pasadena, Ca. Functional Title Occasional Building Attendant Job Category Occasional If position is parttime, how many hours per week? If position is temporary, is it less than 3 months? Benefits Eligible? No Relocation Available? No Emergency Reporting Designation? Essential Non-Reporting Number of Vacancies 6 Desired Employment Start Date 08/01/2016 Position End Date (if temporary) Anticipated Salary Range $10.75 per hour Job Summary
The Building Attendant provides support and supervision for all the athletic facilities and programs. Contributes to safety of participants and guests as well as protection of facilities and equipment.
There are three Occasional (on-call) Building Attendant positions available.
- Supervise access to the facilities.
- Greet patrons, visually check membership credentials, and ensure appropriate sign-ins and waivers completed.
- Assist participants with questions, requests and concerns.
- Assist with parking passes.
- Ensure a constant presence at the front desk.
- Actively monitor and maintain safe and clean facilities and environment.
- Walk the facilities and alleviate conflicts.
- Report needed repairs or attention to Associate Director or Recreation Manager.
- In coordination with other colleagues, maintain an active presence throughout the complex.
- Communicate APER policies and procedures to all participants and guests, as needed.
- Assist in managing recreation membership program by selling memberships, and collecting / processing daily use fees.
- Assist in laundry service program of uniforms and towels. Manage token for-towel program.
- Assist in managing locker program.
- Assist in scheduling facilities, reservations of courts, and posting announcements.
- Issue and control recreational equipment and supplies.
- Provide basic first aid supplies and access to ice for minor injuries and call safety or security as needed for emergency situations.
- Maintain appropriate music and television in building.
- Event and facility set up for events of all kinds at direction of Associate Director / Recreation Manager.
- General customer service.
- Answer questions, answer phone calls.
- Listen and problem-solve when possible.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have related work experience in an athletic field, fitness instruction field, and/or in a recreation sports environment.
- Must have intermediate level experience in professional cash handling.
- Must have basic computer knowledge.
- Must be able to perform light building maintenance and custodial work, as needed.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds of facility supplies, gym equipment, tables, ladders, chairs, etc.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- 2 year’s or more of related work experience is a plus.
Supervisory position? No Posting Detail Information
Posting Open Date 07/31/2016 Posting Close Date Open Until Filled Yes EEO Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Caltech is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. For more information about “EEO is the Law” click here: EEO is the Law
Special Instructions to Applicants Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have related work experience in an athletic field, fitness instruction field, and/or in a recreation sports environment?
- * Do you have basic computer knowledge?
- * Do you have intermediate level experience in professional cash handling?
- * Are you able to lift up to 50 pounds of facility supplies, gym equipment, tables, ladders, chairs, etc.?
- * Are you able to perform light building maintenance and custodial work, as needed?
Documents Needed to Apply Required Documents
- Cover Letter