Senior Systems Engineer
OFFICE OF THE VICE-CHANCELLOR & PRESIDENT
Information Technology Services, Fiji –FCC045
An opportunity exists within the Enterprise Systems group, for a dynamic IT professional to work in a team using leading edge technologies in a multi-campus setting. This position reports to the Manager, Enterprise Systems & Network Infrastructure.The position is based at the University’s Laucala Campus in Suva, Fiji.
As one of the Leading technical specialists in the Server Systems area, the appointee will be responsible to provide expertise and be accountable for server technology architecture by way of design, development and delivery associated with the corporate Linux/Unix and Windows server infrastructure within a multi-campus environment. Currently this group manages a private virtual cloud with over 200 servers and a very large storage area network with a user population of around 30,000.
The Person We Seek
To be considered for this position, applicants must have:
- Postgraduate qualifications or progress towards postgraduate qualifications in Computing or Information Science and extensive relevant experience;
- Advanced level Red Hat Linux Certification, experience in cloud based virtual environment and at least 5 years of experience in all aspects of the management of server operating systems in a large infrastructure environment with over 100 Linux, Unix and Windows servers;
- Extensive experience managing a multi-site Microsoft Active Directory environment in an enterprise of 5000+users;
- Familiarity with identity management and AD integration with Linux is an advantage and also Group Policy management;
- Knowledge and experience in managing and configuring specific server based applications: SQL, BIND, Postfix, Samba, Squid, DHCP, Firewalls, VPN, Spamassassin, Webmail, Pop3, IMAP, Apache, Radius, Nagios, Snort, Cups;
- Knowledge and experience in a storage environment including fiber and iSCSI based storage area networks (SAN), Network attached storage (NAS), tape libraries, backup and restoring technologies on Linux, Unix and Windows Servers;
- Experience with Data Centre Infrastructure management and the ability to architect server infrastructure solutions for campus needs as well as a sound knowledge of operating systems security and programming skills in Perl and Shell scripting along with a demonstrated ability to lead a highly technical work team.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- A Post-graduate qualification in IT/Information Systems/Computing Science/Engineering, hold IP Networking infrastructure certification and ideally have experience with provisioning ICT services across multi-site infrastructure involving diverse terrestrial and wireless WAN links including satellite;
- Excellent communication skills, in particular written communication in the form of business and technical report writing and Experience in managing projects to successful completion are required.
The position is available for a term of 3 years and may be renewed by mutual agreement.
Salary Range: Band 3 FJ $59 813 to FJ $78 700 per annum (Inclusive of 15% Gratuity)
Enquiries:Mr. Fereti Atalifo; tel.: (679) 32 32491; email: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 30 April 2017
How to Apply
Candidates are strongly encouraged to use the University’s online E-Recruitment system to view full details and apply for this position at www.usprecruits.usp.ac.fj Candidates may request further information from the Human Resources Office; tel.: (679) 32 32072; email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com Manual applications are no longer accepted.
Please also include the following documents in your application: Cover letter and Resume clearly addressing key Selection Criteria, academic transcript and names of three referees, one of which must be your current or most recent direct work supervisor.