Library Advisers (full time and part time)
Job reference RU00652
Job category/type Non-Academic/Support
Department: Library, Technology and Media Services
Full time and Part time available
General duties and responsibilities:
- Provide a warm welcome to all, creating a positive first impression.
- Provide a comprehensive and knowledgeable frontline help and enquiry service and be able to answer a broad range of enquiries, face to face, online and by phone.
- Develop a good knowledge of the facilities, systems, policies and processes to help users solve problems.
- Encourage users to develop their own skills and knowledge, by showing them how to use services and directing them to the range of online and self-directed support and training available.
- Assist in the day-to-day management of library materials and equipment including stock management and re-location, shelving, tidying and search, receipting and processing of new stock.
- Ensure the learning environment is maintained, carry out checks on facilities and equipment, report maintenance faults, ensure policies are adhered to (e.g. noise), replenish printers and other services, organise furniture and study facilities to meet student needs.
- Contribute to the promotion and development of services to ensure we maintain excellent results in national benchmarks and thereby support university strategy.
- Support colleagues in other teams with a range of activities including induction, tours and events, promotion and displays, booking study rooms and pc’s; reporting health and safety matters, participating in cross-team task groups, providing cover for absent colleagues.
- Attend and contribute to meetings, briefings, projects and committees as appropriate. Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required by the line manager or other senior colleagues.
Closing date: 7 May 2017
Interview date: Week commencing 15 May 2017