Senior Technical Developer
Within the Faculty of Health, the Wicking Dementia Research and Education Centre is at the forefront of translational research of relevance to people with dementia and their carers, and provides a range of innovative educational programs on dementia.
The Senior Technical Developer will be engaged in a broad range of both educational programs and research and provide highly specialised technical services and advice in the area of data analytics and technical innovation.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join a small dynamic team developing and supporting state of the art e-Learning systems. The Senior Technical Developer's role will suit someone who enjoys the fast pace of a start-up. You will be working with other like-minded people from a range of backgrounds including world leading researchers, technical, creative and marketing staff. You will be tasked with a wide variety of challenging problems that will take your career to the next level.
In the role you will:
- Design, implement and review initiatives to maintain currency of Wicking's online activities in promotions, outreach, education and research
- Undertake computer programming and software development as required to advance the analytical and educational programs of the Centre
- Build and analyse complex datasets to provide specialised information and data to research and educational teams.
- Project manage Wicking online and technical initiatives, including planning, budgeting, operationalising and monitoring timelines.
- Assist in business and operational planning for new opportunities in educational and research-related online environments.
You will be employed on a fixed term Fulltime basis for 3 years based in Hobart.
To be considered, you will have:
- A degree qualification in IT or other relevant field with extensive subsequent work experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and / or education / training. Specifically, experience in or the ability to learn;
- PHP development - Ideally with Laravel framework
- Web server configuration - Apache / NGINX
- Databases in Postgres / MySQL
- Learning management systems (LMS) such as Moodle
- Development of applications with a large user base
- Graphic design and video editing desirable
- A high level of creativity and initiative in developing and implementing strategies for online educational activities.
- Demonstrated communication and planning skills together with a demonstrated ability to work with competing demands, prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and be flexible in responding to changing work priorities.
- Demonstrated ability in coding to deliver innovative IT solutions for Wicking Centre project's online environments and analytics.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 6 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $94,544 comprising base salary within the range of $73,913 - $80,807 plus 17% superannuation.
** Please note, your application must as a minimum include your CV, a cover letter and your responses to the selection criteria.
For further information, contact Chris Parker, Manager, Online Learning Systems and Support, Wicking Dementia Research and Education Centre , Chris.Parker@utas.edu.au / 03 6226 4370
Applications close Wednesday, 26 April 2017