Director of Marketing and Communications - Communications and Marketing Office
Closing Date: 28 April 2017
Contract Status: Full-time
Salary & Benefits: RMB316,000 – RMB396,000 per annum before all deduction, depending on skills and experience
Working Location: Ningbo
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, Business or relevant disciplines;
- Fluency in Chinese and English, both written and spoken;
- Excellent communicator with ability to influence and persuade across all levels of the organisation;
- Excellent management, negotiation and presentation skills;
- Evidence of strongly developed people skills and networking skills;
- The ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining quality standards
- Exceptional organizational skills to facilitate work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment;
- Demonstrates creative and critical thinking skills;
- Strong business analytics, relationship management, strategy development, project management, problem solving and change management skills;
- 10+years’ work experience in communication and marketing, minimum 5 years management position;
- Demonstrable experience in a professional news environment or in an established media and public relations agency working regularly with journalists;
- Brand Management Experience
- Experience of planning, implementing and measuring communications/PR strategies and programmes (preferably in HE) to support strategic objectives;
- Experience of delivering in-house publications and/or web based news;
- Significant budgetary experience;
- Positive approach to customer care;
- Ability to prioritise work under pressure;
- Ability to work on own initiative;
- Flexible approach to working;
- Ability to work accurately and pay attention to detail;
- Strong understanding of regulations and legislation impacting on the marketing function particularly in relation to data protection, copyright.
- Master’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, Business or relevant disciplines;
- Skills in desktop publishing and/or web-based communications;
- Knowledge and awareness of recent developments in the field of communication and marketing;
- Experience of communication and marketing management in HE sector;
- Training/knowledge in web content management systems.
- Experience of developing multi-disciplinary campaigns within tight budgetary constraints;
The Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for developing and implementing the marketing & communication vision for the University brand in align with University’s Strategy, which promotes its unique position in the marketplace. Responsibilities include planning, development and implementation of all UNNC marketing strategies and marketing communications, both externally and internally. Oversees development and implementation of support materials and services in the area of marketing and communications. Directs the efforts of the marketing and communications staff and coordinates at the strategic level with the other functions of the University.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To lead and manage the Communication and Marketing team at UNNC including team leadership and development, budgetary/resource management in align with University strategy;
- To develop and implement strategic plans of communications and marketing for the University brand in aligned with UNNC’s strategy, which promotes its unique position in the market place;
- To lead all aspects of the University’s communication and marketing activities, setting KPIs around impact, reach and value and ensuring targets are achieved;
- To lead the team in developing and implementing wide-ranging, innovative and integrated University-wide operational marketing plans, campaigns and activities to support schools, faculties, departments in both strategic and operational terms;
- To take reference to the brand campaign and work closely with the central UoN Corporate Marketing Team to lead its implementation at UNNC;
- To manage the University’s brand strategy and continuous development. Act as brand guardian for the University and lead the ongoing development of corporate identity, messaging, roll out and compliance across the institution;
- To liaise with colleagues from UoN and UNMC to manage brand delivery and consistency across all communications and marketing activities, following UoN brand guidelines;
- To collaborate with UNUK and UNMC communications and marketing team to produce the international prospectus and provide support to Schools/Departments on all types of University marketing activities/events;
- To oversee the implementation of new website and digital engagement strategy in UNNC;
- To oversee all writing and editing requests and press releases, provide creative and technical direction for websites, social media and e-mail marketing initiatives and oversee the implementation of regular updates;
- To develop public relations plans and foster relationships with the media. Connect with influential media and journalists to place stories about University news and other initiatives;
- To lead and oversee production of collateral materials such as brochures, newsletters and special reports for various purpose;
- To ensure full legislative compliance across the team and provide advice and guidance to University colleagues involved in marketing and communications activities more broadly as required to ensure best practice is established across the institution;
- To manage crisis/emergency communications and response to sensitive media inquiries;
- To undertake other tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be required.
This job description may be subject to revision following discussion with the person appointed and forms part of the contract of employment.
How to Apply
Please send job application with the following documents before the closing date:
1. UNNC Application Form (please download from here);
2. Cover Letter;
Please kindly note that all documents should be completed in English and in Word/ PDF format.
Late or incomplete application will not be considered to be shortlisted.
Please send application and enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org