Associate Professor/Associate Industry Professor in Contemporary Technology Management
School of Systems, Management and Leadership
UTS has a bold vision to be a world-leading university of technology. It is a dynamic and innovative university in central Sydney, consistently ranked the top young university in Australia.
With a culturally diverse campus life and extensive international exchange and research programs, UTS prepares graduates for the workplaces of today and tomorrow.
The School of Systems, Management and Leadership is seeking an Associate Professor to contribute strongly to the discipline of technology management, mentor junior academics and advance the research profile of the School and the Faculty. Candidates with a strong connection to Industry through an extensive industry career at a senior level are encouraged to apply, as the position of Associate Industry Professor recognises strong industry credentials in lieu of academic experience.
The School of Systems, Management and Leadership focuses on the development of skills and methods to use technology to build systems that deliver value to enterprises.
The focus of the School’s teaching and research is on the innovative application of technology to improve the way enterprises work. It aims to develop the design skills, leadership and processes needed to implement, manage and develop information systems and engineering systems economically and effectively.
The Associate Professor/Associate Industry Professor in Contemporary Technology Management will contribute significantly to research in the field of contemporary technology management. The role will require a strong industry focus and connection through partnership and collaboration in order to strengthen the industry impact of the School.
The Associate Professor/Associate Industry Professor will:
- Provide academic leadership in course and subject development and delivery
- Play an active and leading role in building a strong coalition of industry partners with the aim of collaboration and engaging in joint educational programs
- Provide research leadership and drive research output activities
- Mentor junior academics in improving their teaching capabilities
- Actively contribute to the development of the School’s industry engagement strategy
To be successful in this role, candidates will demonstrate the following skills:
- Substantial knowledge of contemporary technology management principles and philosophies
- Experience in scholarly research and demonstrated capacity gain research grants and an ability to forge links with industry and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to mentor young academics and research and a proven track record in collaboration
- In lieu of academic experience, relevant and extensive industry experience will be considered for this role
Remuneration & Benefits
Base Salary Range: $146,412 to $155,915 (Level D)
This role attracts 17% superannuation in addition to the base salary. Employee benefits include flexible work practices, child care centres, generous parental leave and salary packaging opportunities.
This appointment will be on a continuing basis, full time basis.
How to Apply
Please click on the apply button to be taken to the advertisement on our careers page where you will find links with instructions on how to apply and the full position description.
Specific enquiries or issues with your application may be directed to the UTS Recruitment Team at email@example.com or on +61 (0) 2 9514 1080.
Closing Date: Thursday 4th, May 2017 at 11.59pm (AEST)
UTS is widely acknowledged as a leader in promoting gender equity and social justice. Cited as a WGEA Employer of Choice since the inception of the award, UTS is a current participant in the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) pilot program, the Australian trial of the Athena Swan gender equity accreditation program and initiatives such as our Research Equity Initiative. We welcome applications from women, particularly for senior and non-traditional roles.