Caltech’s Athletics Department is searching for a Certified Lifeguard to supervise the safety of recreational swimmers.
Under general supervision, will work as a Certified Lead Lifeguard to supervise the safety of recreational swimmers and athletes during inter-collegiate practices.
Hours include early mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends and will require flexibility to work on short term notice. Some holidays will also be required.
- Supervise recreational swimmers.
Educate swimmers and enforce policies.
- Maintain swimming fitness (recommended to swim a minimum of twice weekly).
- Perform rescue duties as necessary.
- Participate in all scheduled in-service training sessions.
- Duties may include covering the front office.
- Monitoring pool chemicals and cleaning of pool facility.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to lift a minimum 50lbs of athletic and pool equipment in and around the pool area.
- Must be available to work various hours with short-term notice, including weekends, early mornings, evenings and the ability to work holidays.
- Ability to work effectively with students, staff, faculty, alumni and community members.
- Must possess the following certifications or be able to obtain them before employment begins and maintain them throughout the course of employment:
1. Current Lifeguard Training and Community First Aid Certification.
2. Current CPR for the Professional Rescuer Certification
3. Current AED Certification.
- College degree preferred.
- Lifeguarding Instructor Certification.
- Water Safety Instructor.
Supervisory position? No
Posting Detail Information
Posting Open Date 04/05/2017
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.