Head of Accountancy Programmes
Head of Accountancy Programmes
Location: London, Birmingham or Manchester with some national/international travel
This role would suit a tutor/academic looking for a move into programme management, or an experienced manager looking for a move into a University. This is an opportunity to shape the education of hundreds of students over the next few years. We anticipate significant increases in numbers of international students and partnerships/exchanges with overseas Universities and this role is fundamental to this success.
This role is part of a programme team within the Business School and the role holder will be required to lead the programme, the module leaders and to represent the School both internally and externally in support of the Director of Programmes.
This role will drive the educational and commercial success of various accountancy programmes (for example BSc, GDA, ACCA and ADAF, MSc) and contribute to the growth and success of the Business School.
The role holder has overall responsibility for leading the relevant programmes, ensuring a high quality learning experience for all students and high levels of engagement with the wider academic, professional and regulatory communities.
- Provide overall academic leadership to the module leader team with the aim of maintaining the highest possible standards in learning, teaching and assessment.
- Maintain and enhance the programme design, delivery and assessment by seeking to continuously improve the offering, to meet the changing needs of students, clients and the profession.
- Contribute to and where appropriate lead on the process of programme development and validation in liaison with the relevant committees and other stakeholders.
- Ensure that the programme meets the standards set by relevant professional bodies and the quality office.
- Embed appropriate QA processes into the programme, and analyse and respond to all data trends and issues identified.
- Work with the Director of Faculty and support services to ensure that all students receive appropriate support relevant to the programme (for example inductions, personal tutoring, academic support) and an excellent academic experience.
- Work with the Student Manager team to ensure optimum student support is in place.
- Monitor and influence student engagement and attainment.
- Analyse academic achievement and progression for the programme, implementing appropriate actions where needed.
- Engage with key stakeholders such as support services, committees and the student body to continually enhance and improve the student experience.
- Maximise revenue opportunities and the reputation of the programme by working with key internal stakeholders, e.g. admissions, international team, marketing and business development.
- Engage with a range of marketing and business development activities and initiatives to support brand and programme awareness and engagement with BPP.
- Engage with senior management and central functions to promote the vision and strategic growth of the programme/programmes.
- Contribute to annual planning cycle for the school ensuring all programme requirements and resources are clearly communicated.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key central functions (e.g. registry, examinations) to ensure the smooth running of processes.
Skills, knowledge and experience required
- A passion for education and a commitment to student success
- A level 7 academic or professional qualification in business or a related field
- A teaching qualification, Fellowship of the HEA or a commitment to achieving either of these through BPP’s PGCPE (Post Graduate Certificate in Professional Education) or Headway, BPP’s accredited CPD scheme
- General management experience
- Ability to handle and manage operational complexity
- Ability to make reasoned evidence-based decisions
- Effective and engaging communication skills with the ability to persuade and influence others
- Ability to handle complex stakeholder viewpoints
- Ability to facilitate meetings and drive actions and outcomes
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and to manage performance
- Further academic qualification in a related field
- A recognised professional qualification/Professional Membership
- Experience of management of a portfolio of products or services
- Project Management experience
- Experience of management in an academic environment
- An understanding of the regulatory environment
- Practical experience and understanding of the Higher education sector
- Experience of team leadership
- Experience of leading successful change initiatives
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS check.