Clinical Educator in Physiotherapy
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing the Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
In Macquarie's Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences you'll join leading researchers, passionate educators and internationally respected clinicians, united in a mission towards delivering the best patient care. Home to the Australian Institute of Health Innovation and Australia's first fully integrated academic health sciences centre, we are a place of bold discoveries and distinctive educational programs that embolden the future leaders of healthcare.
The Department of Health Professions offers NSW's first Doctor of Physiotherapy. This 3 year graduate-entry extended master's degree provides students high quality academic and clinical education components to be qualified physiotherapists. The Discipline of Physiotherapy joins the Macquarie University Hospital, Macquarie University Clinical Associates, and a suite of existing and future allied health degrees to offer health professional education.
Clinical education is an integral component of the Doctor of Physiotherapy Program. Students undertake at least 150 days of clinical education during the 3-year program including traditional 5-week block clinical placements, occupational health and sports coverage placements one day per week and innovative placements with volunteers from the community as part of the Health and Wellbeing Collaboration (HAWC).
The Department is seeking a Physiotherapy Clinical Educator to support and facilitate pre-registered physiotherapy education in clinical settings across the health continuum including acute care, primary care and rehabilitation.
In the role you will:
- Assist with the coordination, implementation, review and enhancement of the HAWC program.
- Liaise with on-site educators to ensure efficient and effective clinical placements of high quality.
- Liaise with on-site educators to determine their support requirements before, during and after placements run.
- Explain student assessment criteria and procedures and assist on-site educator with assessment as required.
- Clarify students on their roles and responsibilities during the clinical placements.
- Assist students to apply problem solving and reflective practice skills in their clinical practice.
- Assist students to develop self-evaluation skills.
- Identify student learning needs and provide instruction and resources if appropriate.
- Demonstrate clinical expertise and professional role modelling.
- Provide written reports of student's performance.
To be considered for this position applicants must respond to the selection criteria below. Responses are to be attached as a separate document in the online application process.
- A minimum of 2 years demonstrated experience providing clinical physiotherapy services.
- Experience in clinical education of students and/or mentoring other physiotherapists.
- Registration with Physiotherapy Board of Australia.
- Strong relationships with physiotherapy profession, healthcare providers and/or industry partners.
- Compliance with all regulatory requirements of Physiotherapists employed by NSW Ministry of Health including criminal record clearance, prohibited child declaration and vaccination requirements, NSW Ministry of Health code of conduct.
- Excellent computer skills including, word processing, excel and/or other databases internet and email.
- Own transportation (with registration and comprehensive insurance) to travel as required from Macquarie University to various locations of on-site educators (various locations throughout metropolitan Sydney)
Employment in this position is conditional upon holding a Working with Children Check Clearance.
This position requires a criminal record check.
Salary Package: HEW Level 7, base salary from $87,699 - $95,084 p.a. pro-rata plus 9.5% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
Appointment Type: Part time (3 days per week - preferably Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays) for 12 months (parental leave replacement position)
Specific Role Enquiries: Angela Stark on firstname.lastname@example.org
General Recruitment Enquiries: Daniella Oreskovic at email@example.com
Applications Close: 11:55pm on Sunday 23rd April 2017
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians; people who identify as GLBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.